Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Dragons


Here are some dragons from the last week. The top one was inspired by a movie cover. I liked the composition of the dragon wings a lot. The image was fun to do. The other one, the one on the bottom, is one I did in the waiting room of a doctor's office.

I recently acquired a book on night animals. There is a wonderful picture of a bat in it. The last dragon is inspired by it, but more by the wings. When I think of dragons I think of them as having these massive, membranous wings that stretch from their shoulders down to the tail or just below the pelvis. I think this is more realistic and points to dragons being more capable of flight than they would be otherwise (unless, of course, they have magic to help them out ;p). I hope you enjoy these.

No comments: